PHOENIX BURN INJURY ATTORNEY
DON’T HESITATE TO REACH OUT TO US!
Our Law Firm is committed to becoming the best Law Firm for Latino, migrant, and Spanish speaking communities in Arizona.
BURN INJURY ATTORNEY IN PHOENIX
Burn injuries are serious, and can completely change the course of your life. You might end up with extremely high medical bills, excruciating pain, and a lot of lost income. One way a burn victim can recover losses is through burn injury claims. Burns sometimes result in catastrophic injury, permanent disfigurement, and extreme scarring. These injuries sometimes result from bus accidents, car accidents, defective products, or extremely unsafe premises. If you’re a burn victim whose injuries resulted from someone else’s negligence, you need a Phoenix burn injury attorney with Ybarra Maldonado Law Group.
Don’t let the responsible party or an insurance company shortchange you after your accident. They exist to make a profit and protect their own interests. We exist to protect you. Many individuals who fail to hire burn injury lawyers suffer the financial consequences. At Ybarra Maldonado Law Group, we pledge to fight for just compensation for your case, and we refuse to accept a lowball offer. We’ll take your case to trial if necessary, and fight aggressively on your behalf. For dedicated representation and a free consultation, call 602-910-4040 today, or fill out our online intake form.
Am I Eligible for a Burn Injury Lawsuit?
If your status as a burn victim results from someone else’s negligence or intent, this is reason to file burn injury claims. We highly recommend consulting with our burn injury attorney in Phoenix before proceeding in order to best understand your claim and any legal steps you must take. In Arizona, the statute of limitations for filing a claim after bodily injury is two years after the date of the injury. This means that, if you wait two years to file your claim, you are essentially forfeiting your right to file that claim. Burn injury claims should be filed sooner rather than later.
What are the Major Concerns for a Burn Victim?
As a burn victim, you face a wide variety of medical and financial complications after your injury. Burn treatments, depending on the severity of the burn, very greatly in both recovery time and treatment requirements. A burn is basically damage to the tissue of the body resulting from sun exposure, radiation, fire, or even chemicals. Medical professionals adapt burn treatments based on both the location of the burn and the severity.
What is the Average Settlement Value of a Burn Injury Claim?
Settlement values depend almost entirely on your specific case. For this reason, it is not possible to value a case without first speaking with an experienced burn injury lawyer. Case awards also vary depending on whether or not the case involves a workers’ compensation claim. For example, if your burn resulted from an injury while at work, your settlement would likely be lower than the same injury in a personal injury suit. This is not always the case, but it is a good rule of thumb.
What Compensation Can I Receive as a Burn Victim?
As a burn victim, you are entitled to compensation for your financial, physical, mental, and emotional losses. Depending on the severity of the burn, you may be entitled to the below damages:
- Current and future medical treatment costs
- In-home or residential medical care costs
- Any rehabilitation or therapy costs
- Lost wages or work-related benefits
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Future lost wages, income, and work-related benefits
- Negative impacts on your quality of life
- Negative impacts on your ability to earn money
- Impacts on your marriage or relationship
Burn Injury Claims and Burn Degrees
Below, we explain the concerns for different burn degrees, and the treatments they may require:
- 1st Degree Burns: Symptoms include redness and pain affecting the outer layer of skin, the epidermis. Treatment is usually done at home with topical products like aloe vera gel or antibiotic creams. Burn victims may also take over-the-counter pain medication such as acetaminophen.
- 2nd Degree Burns: Symptoms include pain, redness, swelling, and blistering of both the epidermis and the dermis, a lower layer of skin. Treatments usually include creams or ointments that are stronger than what the victim can get at a store. These medications are prescribed by a doctor.
- 3rd Degree Burns: These burns reach below the dermis into the fat layer. They usually result in white, blackened, or charred-looking skin. Sometimes, the nerves in the area are destroyed, and the area becomes numb. Treatment usually involves intravenous (IV) antibiotics to prevent infection, and maybe even skin grafting.
Common Burn Complications
Sometimes, a burn victim faces the risk of medical complications from their burns. These complications vary, and we list several concerns below:
- Sepsis resulting from bacteria entering the bloodstream
- Tetanus resulting from bacteria entering the body through the burn wound
- Hypovolemia, which is an excessive loss of bodily fluids
- Hypothermia, which is a severe body temperature drop
- Damaged lungs or breathing issues from inhaling smoke or hot air
- Future bone and joint issues resulting from excessive scar tissue surrounding or on the skin, muscles, or tendons
Types of Burn Injury Lawsuits
Burn injuries result from a variety of different places and accidents. Depending on the origin of your injury, our burn injury lawyers will approach your case in a personalized manner. At the Ybarra Maldonado Law Group, we have a wealth of experience in different burn injury cases, and we know how to aggressively fight for just compensation. Below, we explain some of the different burn injury accidents we’ve encountered.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Vehicle manufacturers design their products in such a way to minimize the risk of explosions or fires from a crash. In many vehicle accident cases, fires are caused by whichever driver proves to be at fault. However, sometimes a vehicle manufacturer is to blame for a defect in their design.
- Defective products: Consumer products, while we expect them to perform safely, are not always perfect. Sometimes, design flaws lead to burns, injuries, or even death. Some burn injuries from defective products relate to chemical burns from cosmetic products, exploding or igniting electrical products, and more. Usually, victims pursue product liability claims in these cases.
- Workplace injuries: Sometimes, workers operate in dangerous environments, involving chemicals, live electrical wires, or extremely hot surfaces. Even if they do everything right, there is always the possibility of a burn injury. While most of these injuries fall under workers’ compensation claims, some involve third party liability.
- Structure fires: In some cases, structure fires result from carelessness or negligence. This opens the door for a personal injury claim.
- Premises liability: Whether in a public or private space, whoever is responsible for that space’s upkeep or management is responsible for injuries that occur from their negligence.
Experienced Burn Injury Attorney
We’ve all been burned before. But, not everyone experiences an injury outside of a simple kitchen burn. Some individuals sustain severe burn injuries due to the carelessness or negligence of another person or group of people. For that reason, the Ybarra Maldonado Law Group is dedicated to providing you with an experienced burn injury attorney. Plenty of personal injury attorneys want to represent you, but not all of them want to fight for you. We’ve committed our practice to aggressively fighting for our clients’ compensation. If you or a loved one suffered a burn due to someone else’s negligence, you need the Ybarra Maldonado Law Group. Call our Phoenix law office today at 602-910-4040 for a free consultation.
Our team of compassionate and experienced attorneys are here to help guide you in your time of need.