Just like any other day, you get to work and do your job. You follow all the safety rules and regulations to the letter, as you always have. However, someone else makes a mistake that costs you dearly. What can you even do in this situation? You didn’t cause the accident, but who pays for the damages? All the answers to these questions depend on the specifics of your workers’ comp settlement for herniated disc cases. To better understand your options, as well as the process of these cases, you need an experienced personal injury attorney Arizona.
At Ybarra Maldonado Law Group, we aggressively fight for the rights of our clients. Victims of injuries deserve compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and all other expenses. If you suffered a herniated disc injury at the workplace, you need an experienced attorney on your side. To schedule a consultation with a compassionate and experienced attorney, please call 602-910-4040 today. You can also visit us online and fill out our online intake form.
What is the Average Settlement for a Herniated Disc at Work?
Oftentimes, it is difficult to estimate what average settlement values are for certain types of work injuries. Car accidents and other types of personal injuries have their own estimates that vary from herniated disc estimates. However, in terms of compensation for a work injury, herniated disc settlements often range between $40,000 and $80,000. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate, and cases exist in which the settlement amount is much higher than the average range.
It depends on a few specific factors, including:
- How debilitating the injury is to the worker
- The pain they experienced
- Whether or not the injured worker had related pre-existing conditions
If you suffered an injury from a car accident, call a Phoenix auto accident attorney with our firm as soon as possible. They can give you an estimate of the average settlement for car accident back injury cases, workplace injury cases, and much more.
How Much Does Workers’ Comp Pay for a Back Injury?
The average compensation for lower back injuries weighs in at around $23,000, which is slightly higher than the average settlement for all workplace injuries. Because no two accidents are ever the same, a variety of factors affect the settlement value.
These factors include:
- Severity and nature of the injury
- Disability, as well as the type of disability
- Lost income amount
- The effect on the victim’s earning ability
- Circumstances surrounding the injury
What Happens if Workers’ Comp Doesn’t Cover My Herniated Disc Treatment?
Sometimes, insurance companies choose to deny workers’ comp claims. But why? Treatments for herniated discs are often very expensive, and most workers do not go back to work during the recovery period. Additionally, the cost of treatment increases drastically if you experienced any type of disability. Because of all these reasons, the insurance company will at least try to fight your claim. Below, we list a couple of ways we have seen insurance companies try to avoid paying out settlements.
- The victim had a pre-existing condition which affected their back or neck.
- The insurance company agrees to settle, but for a lesser injury.
Luckily, having an experienced injury attorney at your side makes this process easier. They will fight the insurance company on your behalf and overcome the defenses that the companies try to use against your claim. Also, they will try to negotiate a higher settlement amount, which is what you deserve for a terrible injury.
What Benefits Can You Receive in a Workers’ Comp Settlement for Herniated Disc Cases?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration estimates that the average workers’ comp settlement for herniated disc cases falls somewhere between $40,000 and $80,000. However, like we mentioned before, many different factors affect this amount, and could even drive it up significantly.
The key factors that determine what the settlement amount will be include but aren’t limited to:
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Pain and suffering from the injury
- Severity of the injury
- Whether or not the victim had related pre-existing conditions
- Disability or impairment resulting from the injury
- If the injury results in permanent impairment or disability
- Your attorney’s ability to negotiate the settlement amount
Benefits included in a workers’ comp settlement for herniated disc cases usually include the following:
- Lost wages
- Permanent and temporary disability benefits
- Medical bills and expenses
- Ongoing costs of care and treatment
- Wrongful death claims from family members in cases where the victim dies from their injury
When Can You Seek a Workers’ Comp Settlement for Herniated Disc Cases?
When you suffer a herniated disc injury while on the job, you have the right to seek compensation for that injury in the form of workers’ compensation. Injuries that are not job-related do not qualify for workers’ compensation. Certain types of work accidents result in herniated disc injuries more often than others, which we list below.
- Slips, trips, and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Collisions with objects (stationary or moving)
- Stress of the lower back from repetitive movements, such as lifting, twisting, turning, or sitting
- Degeneration of the disc due to wear and tear from the job
Do I Need a Lawyer to File for a Lower Back Workers’ Comp Settlement?
Sometimes, your injuries might not look obviously work-related to an insurance company. And, you may have very high medical bills. Both of these reasons and more make the insurance company and your employer want to fight your case. No matter how straightforward the case, it helps to have a skilled Phoenix injury attorney on your side.
In the following situations, a Phoenix back injury lawyer is an absolute necessity:
- The injuries are not clearly work-related.
- The insurance company initially denies your claim.
- You receive a permanent disability rating, but the insurance company disputes it.
- You have a related pre-existing condition.
- The insurance company is delaying their approval of expensive treatments, like surgery.
- You already receive other government benefits.
- You have an upcoming hearing for the worker’s compensation case.
Top Phoenix Workers’ Comp Settlement for Herniated Disc Lawyer
At Ybarra Maldonado Law Group, we prioritize both the health and compensation of our clients. A faster road to recovery requires the ability to pay for medical bills and time off work. That’s why we fight with passion and ferocity to secure just compensation for each and every client. If you suffered a back injury at work, you need one of our qualified injury attorneys in your corner. To schedule a consultation today, please call 602-910-4040 today or fill out our online intake form.